CNC precision machining can produce various types of complex parts with high precision. Machines and tools that can be controlled by CNC machining include lathes, grinders, routers, and milling machines. CNC or Computer Numerical Control allows extremely specific control over the positioning, speed, coordination, feed rate, and other precision aspects of the manufacturing process for a specific part or object.
(1) After turning on the power supply of the precision machining center, immediately check whether the switch button and indicator light are normal. If there is any abnormality, please shut it down immediately and report it to the maintainer.
(2) Before the formal precision machining, set the coordinates of the precision machining center to zero.
(3) In order to simplify the positioning and installation of the CNC precision machining center, there is no positioning surface with a relative precision machining origin point and precise coordinate dimensions.
(4) When installing the workpiece, please ensure that the workpiece is installed firmly, and also be careful not to install it too tight, otherwise, the positioning accuracy will be reduced.
(5) During the installation process, ensure that the stroke of the workpiece is within the stroke range of the spindle.
There are many CNC machining manufacturers, and their CNC machining levels vary to a large extent. Rough CNC machining will have irreversible effects on the parts, which may become waste. So what are the effects of rough CNC machining on the parts?
(1) Affect wear resistance
The rougher the machined surface of CNC products, the smaller the effective contact area between the mating surfaces, the greater the intensity of pressure, the greater the friction resistance, and the faster the wear.
(2) Affect the stability of cooperation
For clearance fit, the rougher the surface is, the easier it is to wear, so that the clearance will gradually increase during the precision machining process; for interference fit, since the microscopic convex areas are flattened during fitting, the intrinsic useful interference and the connection strength of the precision hardware are reduced.
(3) Affect fatigue strength
There are large troughs on the surface of rough parts, which are sensitive to stress raiser like sharp corner notches and cracks, thus affecting the fatigue strength of the parts.
(4) Affect corrosion resistance
The rough surface of the part is easy to make the erosive gas or liquid penetrate into the inner metal layer through the microscopic concave areas on the surface, forming surface erosion.
(5) Affect the sealing
Precision-machined rough surfaces cannot be closely fitted, and gas or liquid leaks through cracks between the contact surfaces.
(6) Affect the contact stiffness
Contact stiffness is the strength of the fusion surface of the part to resist contact deformation under the action of external force. The stiffness of the machine depends to a large extent on the contact stiffness between the various parts.
(7) Affect the measurement accuracy
The surface roughness of the measured surface of the part and the measuring surface of the measuring equipment will directly affect the accuracy of the measurement, especially when it is carefully measured.
Surface roughness has a different level of influence on the coating of parts, thermal conductivity and contact resistance, reflection force and radiation performance, liquid flow resistance, and the smooth flow of current on the conductor surface. Therefore, CNC machining plants for precision hardware should pay great attention to this aspect, and do not make the same mistakes in the precision machining and manufacturing process.